Elementary Dress Code Policy
The school administration will make the final decision about what is acceptable
or unacceptable if a disagreement should occur.
Normal school attire consists of a student uniform. “Gently used” items may be found at the White Chapel Thrift Shop located just
behind the school on Seagrave. New uniforms and polo shirts with WCA logo can be purchased from:
Login Information for online purchases: Username is “wcaparent” and the Password is “warner”
The OFFICIAL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL UNIFORM consists of the following:
- Red, white or navy long-sleeved or short-sleeved collared knit shirts.
- All elementary students must have at least one red collared knit shirt with the school logo.
- This shirt will be worn on field trips and at special events. Logo shirts may also be worn daily.
- GIRLS: Navy or khaki jumpers, polo dresses, capris, pants, skorts or walking shorts
- BOYS: Navy or khaki pants or walking shorts
School uniforms must fit properly. Uniform apparel must not be too loose-fitting or body-tight.
GENERAL RULES FOR BOYS AND GIRLSPersonal grooming must be maintained in modesty and good taste. Jewelry should not be excessive or distracting. If you have
doubts, don’t wear it until you check it out.
- Boys’ hair cannot reach the eyes; cover the bottom of the ear and must be tied back if exceeding the bottom of the shirt
- Hairstyles cannot be distracting. Hair color must look natural. Some unacceptable examples include but are not limited
to, Mohawks, lines or shapes cut into the hair or eyebrow.
- Boys’ hair cannot be adorned with any items.
- Dress shoes, casual shoes, boots and tennis shoes are acceptable.
- Sandals must fasten securely around the heel.
- Flip-flops and bedroom slippers are not acceptable.
- Lace-up athletic shoes are required for PE classes.
- Undershirts must be solid navy, red, white, gray or black with no pictures or words. Undershirts may not hang below
- Pants and/or shirts must fit and be worn properly. Girls’ shorts must not be shorter than 3 inches above the knees and boys’ shorts must not be longer than 3 inches below the knee. Athletic shorts worn for PE may not be shorter than 5” from the top of the knee. All pants and shorts must have standard placed pockets. They may not have thigh, zippered or painter’s pockets. They must be worn at the waist, not the hips.
- Crop sweaters or vests may not be worn over uniform shirts.
- All outerwear worn indoors (sweaters or sweatshirts) must be solid red, navy, white, black or gray with no writing, pictures or graphics.
- Hats, hoods and sunglasses are not permitted to be worn inside buildings.
- No bandanas of any color are permitted to be worn during the school day or at any school functions.
- Body markings (temporary or permanent) are not permitted to be visible during the school day or at any school function.
- Maximum of two ear piercings per ear.
DESIGNATED BLUE-JEAN AND T-SHIRT DAYS: Special blue-jean or t-shirt days will be announced. Jeans may not have holes, be ragged or tight-fitting. The only shorts that are acceptable are the uniform shorts. T-shirts are to have a Christian logo/message. WCA shirts are acceptable. Other special T-shirt days or dress down days may be designated throughout the school year.
COLD WEATHER APPAREL: Families need to prepare for cold weather. Standard dress code will apply on ALL school days, unless there is a special event, regardless of weather conditions. If you are concerned about falling temperatures, make sure that you have purchased long pants and a legal sweatshirt.
Elementary Students are to put their names on all uniform items.
PARENT DRESS AND CONDUCT: (While in attendance at co-curricular activities or while chaperoning)
Parents should dress modestly and appropriately for all school functions. The dress and conduct code should be followed at all times while on campus, field trips and athletic events. Clothing that is too tight, too short, too revealing, or too casual is not appropriate. Parents who chaperone must also wear a logo shirt.